Altered bicycle - colourArte DT application

Hello Friends, I am sharing an altered project I made to take part in ColourArte Designing Team..

All Details about the DT call and other information related to ColourArte you can find on their blog Here




Altering and mixed media are my favorite styles, But to apply for the DT I choose altered style project, A small bicycle with basket which is in my collection. Summer is meant for enjoying at sea and beach, and i have used all that sea elements to alter and decorate the mini cycle.

I have Picture Tutorial Here, Hope you will find it interesting. Its so easy altered project, but still I apologize for a long post loaded with pictures. Trust me you will love the final work. 


Step 1: Apply 2 coats of White Gesso and let it dry.


Step 2: Add sand paste and clear crackle medium to the bicycle, It adds some texture to that iron grid.


Step 3: I picked some sea shells, gauze, lace pearl beads, glass voila and few elements from my stash,  Applied a coat of gesso to these elements


Step5:  Added these elements to the wheels, and filled the basket with gauze,sea shells, and some pearl beads. And now I painted them with iridescent gold and blue.
(reason for this is I do not want the chalky finish of gesso, iridescent adds some shine to this.)



Step6: Paint with    guatemalan-green silks acrylic glaze leaving a little white spaces.


Step 7 : Filled the glass voila with sand, sequins and small sea shells. The floral wire is twisted to hold a small card or paper.


Step 7 : arranged the bottle as shown in the picture, added small flowers and sea shells to fill space.


Step 8: dilute little a drop of vivid Metallic Paint with very little water and paint it randomly here and there to add the contrast color.



Step 9: painted the white shells,pearls and flowers with iridescent gold. Embellished with the chipboard on the basket.


Step 10 : Final step was adding some gold glitter, and a small photo ( instead I used a number from scrapbook paper), I guess its a good idea too, we can use it for table decor with seating number for sea theme wedding decor)                                     

 Final Look and few more closeups :






Supplies used:

                                                                  guatemalan-green
Iridescent Blue, Large Jar (30ml), Silks Acrylic Glaze

Other materials:
prima marketing white geso
Sand texture paste - white
clear crackle paste
flowers from ItsyBitsy
Sea shells from Itsybitsy
Gold hearty melange(glitter) - Itsybitsy

Hope You liked my work,Fingers crossed, waiting for the results
Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
Hugs,
Roshini

Entering following challenges:

Freetany flowers


Craftstory - july


Studio75 blog

mixedmediamc - 38



4 comments:

Powered by Blogger.